When you have these features identified make sure:
- your letter is concise and brief, this is not a literary text.
- is organized in paragraphs, the information is accurate and solid.
- you use full sentences and your vocabulary is polite and precise. DO NOT use abbreviations.
- the punctuation is correct. Periods and commas are good fellas, give them an opportunity to show off.
Use these online activities to double-check you understood everything you need to know about this type of text:
Expand your boundaries:
- ¿Cómo escribir una carta? Icarito [web]
- ¿Cómo escribir una carta? WikiHow [web]
- ¿Cómo redactar una carta formal? Universia-Chile [web]
- Tipos de cartas [web]
If you are interested in more tips and ideas on IB text types swing by here.
I walk slowly, but I never walk backward.